COOPI is looking for a Project Manager in Sudan
COOPI was founded by Father Barbieri on 15 April 1965. This is when it all started – a journey spanning more than fifty years during which COOPI and Italian international cooperation have expanded and evolved in very different aspects
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence.
COOPI’s interventions focused in the Darfur region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the population, different interventions were carried out, in the field of water-hygiene and food security both on humanitarian and development perspective.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
Scope of the vacancy
COOPI is now looking for a Project Manager in order to strengthen its presence in the country and, in particular, to implement new projects in the field Disaster risk reduction, capacity building and income generating activities.
The Project Manager:
- is responsible for the overall development, management and quality of the project;
- referring to the Head of Mission, he/she coordinates and directly supervises projects, guaranteeing their correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards.
His/her main duties are:
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by coordination department.
- He/she identifies and supervises the financial and economic commitment required for the project implementation.
- He/she is responsible for the local staff management and training, in his/her area/sector of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Country Coordination level, whose indications he/she follows.
- He/she participates to the staff evaluation, together with the Area Coordinator or Head of Mission.
- He/she guarantees ordinary contacts with operational and institutional interlocutors involved in the implementation of the project.
- He/she ensures good visibility of the projects’ overall goals, policies and envisaged and/or results achieved as per COOPI and donor communication policies.
- He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing, and necessary documents preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Head of Mission and project development team.
- Ensure the respect of COOPI’s Code of Conduct, confidentiality and humanitarian principles within the relevant sector team.
- Represent COOPI in related working groups and other meetings with national, local and international actors in the assigned geographical area.
- Organize regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to the staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Head of Mission.
- At least 3 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian or early recovery programs;
- Proven expertise in DRR, social inclusion and resilience project implementation and management;
- Sound knowledge of international donors procedures, in particular AICS;
- Excellent reporting writing skills;
- English and Italian mandatory (excellent level written and spoken).
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking capacity;
- Adequate resilience to stress, positive thinking and solution-oriented;
- Team player and with a good sense of humor.
- Previous experience in the MENA region;
- Strong staff management skills (in remote experience);
- Familiarity with the Sudan context.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.