Food Security and Livelihoods Specialist – Save the Children
Closing date Country : Sudan
City : Khartoum
Organization : Save the Children
Food Security and Livelihoods Specialist (Advertisement)
As a member of the Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) Team the Food Security and Livelihoods Advisor provides strategic and technical support to Save the Children Sudan’s Food Security and Livelihoods programming, which includes emergency response and long term recovery programming. The post holder will ensure the quality and impact of the design and delivery of FSL programming across both the humanitarian and development contexts, with a particular focus on ensuring innovative quality approaches in nexus programming.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Degree in Economics, Food Sciences, International Relations, Development studies or similar field
* Significant senior level experience working in FSL programming, including direct experience in implementing cash transfer programmes, youth programming, market analysis and economic recovery, including project management.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in FSL programmes in a humanitarian or development context, including working on diverse humanitarian contexts or complex emergency situation;
* Previous experience of working with a large FSL team of international and national staff
* Previous experience of in conflict settings and in remote management
* Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes
* Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large FSL team
* Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on FSL related topics.
* Experience of senior level representation
* Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* A high level of written and spoken English
* Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field.
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
NB: Due to the current travel restrictions, we will only consider candidates who are in Sudan currently.
How to apply