Closing date Country : Sudan
City : Khartoum
Organization : World Vision
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Operations Director for World Vision Sudan, you will provide overall leadership to the operations team, fostering an enabling environment to support World Vision’s strategic priorities and imperatives. You will develop and operationalize systems that promote integration and ensure timely, effective implementation of the program’s portfolio of projects in pursuit of Child Well-Being. You will oversee the implementation of systems, infrastructure, and capacity building to address core security requirements and staff care. You will spearhead external engagement in order to position the organization to sustain and grow and to influence and promote coordination with key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Rural Development, NGO Leadership or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years field experience in a relief or development environment, with at least 3 years’ in a managerial role with direct reporting lines.
- Technical Training qualifications require previous experience with successful multi-million dollar program development and budget preparation
- Experience in major and multi-sector, multi-state project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including report writing and proposal writing skills.
- Travel: 30% domestic/international travels is required.
How to apply
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 19 MAY 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **